Sunday, February 11, 2007

First it was the cilantro

My friends and family can describe me as having some stubborn and possibly silly opinions. For example, I don't like cats (and their pointy ears), don't use emoticons, and nearly exclusively purchase my music in the old-fashioned format of CDs.

It may take me a while to jump onto a more sensible bandwagon, but I occasionally will come around. My hate for the soapy taste of cilantro made me avoid ever buying or stocking the herb in my kitchen. This opinion was changed with good experimental results I obtained using cilantro as one of my reagents.

This morning I purchased the new album by a band I like and an album I've meant to buy for several months from iTunes. I had initially intended to shop downtown for the albums, but when I look at the uncontrolled stacks of jewel cases, liner notes, and CDs in my apartment, maybe digital purchases are the way I should go. It is super convenient (possibly too convenient), saves a few dollars, and cuts down on the litter in my apartment and in landfills. I get good music faster and Apple gets more profitable - continuing along my old ways now seems like working against the universe's natural movements.

However, I do enjoy the physical act of shopping in music shops, so I'm certain that I'm not done bringing more jewel cases and printed discs home.

No comments: