Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Points of clarification below

Fresh salsa is so friggin' easy to make. I noticed that my tomatoes were going bad, so I threw them into the food processor with an onion, a green pepper, a bit of red pepper from the bottom of the crisper, a handful of cilantro, some salt and pepper, and whizzed it around a little. It's mighty tasty!

Point 1: I was not looking for an excuse to eat more Que Pasa chips.

Point 1.1: My favourite salty snack is Que Pasa chips. They offer me a perfect balance of crispness and saltiness, and I fool myself into believing that they are a healthy choice even when I consume one-half bag per sitting.

Point 2: I love my food processor but rarely use it. It is a Cuisinart big-ass monster. It can eat through leather shoes, I think, and chop or dice enough of them to serve up a family of six without even working up a sweat.

Point 3: I didn't even pre-chop the stuff! I just carved out the non-appetizing bits and tossed the rest into the food processor. On my second go, I will probably seed and juice the tomatoes to make the salsa it a bit chunkier, but otherwise I don't expect to change things up much. Not bad for a non-recipe directed experiment.

Point 4: Yes, I had cilantro in my fridge. My hate of the soapy taste of the herb is over.

1 comment:

alyssa said...

didn't you used to make fun of me when i described cilantro as soapy?