Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Grey's Envy

I didn't think that I was looking for a regular, on-going relationship with a television series. However, maybe because quite a bit of time has passed since I went steady with Six Feet Under or maybe because it seems that everyone I know books Thursday night dates with Grey's Anatomy, I looked for and found a series that I'm looking forward to curling up on the couch with on a regular basis. The show is The Black Donnellys.

There was something about the preview trailers leading up to the premiere episode that perked my interest. I threw on my t.v. last night and had it playing in the background while I did some reading. Through the first half-hour, I devoted 60% of my attention to the show. Through the final half-hour, I devoted 100% of my attention. I may be hooked. I can tell already. I'm already wondering what is going to happen to the brothers next week. The show looks great - all of it taking place in the shadows and alleys of New York City. The show sounds great - I recognized Imogen Heap and Snow Patrol, both bands that have had regular myTunes rotation, in the first episode. The writers of Million Dollar Baby and Crash, both movies that I have not yet seen but I mean to see, are involved with the show.

So, my Monday nights may now be booked.

No comments: