Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Shiny new red cabinets

I'm supposed to be making a report on the expected costs of a trip to Montreal to attend the CSPS conference. I'm also supposed to be reviewing nomination packages for Faculty members that have been nominated for an excellence in teaching award.

However, I have back-burnered these tasks to design a new kitchen for my apartment tonight. My kitchen is severely lacking storage space and work surfaces for preparing food. Currently, I have about 20" of linear open countertop and must use my cluttered tabletop for chopping, mixing, or whatever other kitchen activity I need a flat surface for. I downloaded Ikea's kitchen planner software and went to work installing new cabinets and counters. Here is what I came up with - a solution that provides lotsa storage, lotsa new work surface, and a bar seating area for casual eats.

Now, I need to figure out how much floorspace this new peninsula will take up and how everything in my apartment will need to be moved to accommodate a bigger, better kitchen. Masking tape time... then I'll get to those reports.


No comments: