Sunday, February 4, 2007

In the heart of Chinatown is Phnom Penh

I ate out last night at a Critic's Choice (and other awards) winning Vancouver restaurant that I have never paid any attention to. Phnom Penh serves up Vietnamese/Cambodian (it is Cambodian - I should have gone with my first guess, rather than allowing my weak geography knowledge to second-guess myself) in a unassuming dining room located off of Georgia St.

The food is good value, great tasting, and served up smoking hot from the kitchen. The service is fast and helpful.

Trisha and I shared a mountain of food (prawn spring rolls; dry egg noodles topped with smoked meat, prawns, and beef; fried chicken wings; and fried squid). After this good survey and tasting from their very extensive menu, I easily recommend this restaurant.

No comments: