Wednesday, February 7, 2007

I don't live on Cambie St, but I do blog

I can blog about how I am repeatedly confused by a bus route that is not overly confusing. The #84 Translink busline runs from VCC-Clark to UBC approximately every 15 minutes in the morning. Why I can wait over 20 minutes in the rain at a bus stop that doesn't have a shelter to see a bus fly by because it is too full to take on additional passengers confuses me. This morning, for the first time, an accordion bus arrived after only a few more minutes of wait. Thank you for the accordion, Translink! Let's deploy it every morning from now on.

From the final row, center, of the accordion bus, it was fun to watch the Dance of the Busriders. There's the slide past another standee (ass-facing or crotch-facing); the bag take-down and the bag lift; and, naturally for a route that has a lot of starts and stops, the deathgrip hold so you don't fall in your (non)partner's lap.

No comments: