Sunday, February 25, 2007

When machines go bad, part II

Cell phone 2, Ryan 0.

In the battle of my personal mobile telecommunications, my phone is winning all of the battles. I have been left twice now with a dead cell phone battery, though I have been diligently charging it through the evenings. Something seems to be wrong with either the battery or the charger. Instead of having the nice four bars of battery life after a night plugged in, I have zero. It seems that it is in fact discharging when I plug it in. Helpful charger.

It is time for me to change my phone. I have had my current phone for nearly three years. However, I hope that my current cell can postpone its retirement for one more month. On March 14, 2007 wireless companies in Canada are required to allow customers to keep their cell phone numbers even when they change providers. I hope that this will mean that I will be able to shop around for a better service/phone plan at a lower price.

No comments: