Sunday, February 18, 2007

Round 1: Chinese New Year's Parade

By the Chinese lunar calendar, it is the year of the pig. Alyssa, Andrew, Trisha, and I watched the celebration parade for the Chinese New Year in Vancouver's Chinatown this morning. The parade is a spectacle of colour with brightly decorated dragons, dancers, and flags. I hope that the photos that I took capture at least part of the eye-candy punch that the costumes and decorations had in today's spring sunshine.

Some of my favourite photos from today are of the kids watching the parade. It was a long parade, so I had lots of time to gawk around and grab these snaps rather than devote all of my attention to the parade. You can view more of my photos from today here.

You can also view photos from today at WATK, but I can't say how soon they will be posted by that blog's fearless authors.

Update: Photos are up on WATK! They are a formidable competitor.

1 comment:

alyssa said...

nice use of picasa to highlight your pics.

we enjoyed the chinese and jewish aspects of our day. the challah french toast was delicious!