Thursday, March 8, 2007

YouTube Idol

I will admit that I'm a sucker for American Idol. I was hooked after seeing Kelly Clarkson beat out Justin Guarini to become the original Idol. I didn't pay that much attention to the Ruben/Claiken season, but was hooked to see Fantasia get crowned (and was hugely intrigued by that season's three diva showdown). I watched Carrie do her country-girl schtick to the end, but had no interest in the season that saw Taylor Hicks become the newest Idol. My favourites along the way that never won were Chris Daughtry and La Toya London.

In this newest season of American Idol, I haven't been regularly tuning into the broadcasts; however, there are two standouts in the one girls' night episode that I saw (and from what I've heard and read, the girls are far outclassing the boys). So, every Wednesday night or Thursday night now, I pop over to YouTube and check out the latest performances by Lakisha Jones and Melinda Doolittle. Lakisha's Whitney hit was great; Melinda's My Funny Valentine was fantastic.

No comments: