Thursday, March 29, 2007

Ryan's new music: A freshman, the sophomores, and the senior's Pocket Symphony

Mika - Life in Cartoon Motion. Omg, how I love this album. I have waited a long time to finally get a copy of the entire album. This is pop music that I don't have to feel guilty for listening to. Well, maybe only slightly guilty.

The Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
. Nothing is going to surpass the ginormity that Funeral was; however, Neon Bible is a really good album from a great band.

LCD Soundsystem - Sound of Silver. I love the previous double-disc by this band. I think that Daft Punk Playing, Tribulations, and Yeah are great great electronic/dance singles. When I read some reviews saying that the earlier work was good, and Sound of Silver was classic, I ran to the music stores to buy the album. They were sold out, so I had to wait to get home to buy it through iTunes. It's taken me a while and I am only now starting to agree that this may be as good an album as the previous. This is my normal sushi effect: 1st taste="This is kinda funky"; 2nd taste="There are some cool things here that I get nowhere else"; 3rd time="I can't get enough of this stuff."

Air - Pocket Symphony
. I was hoping for a return to Moon Safari, but I got more atmospheric, "easy to listen to in the background" music. Not bad, but not a go-to disc.

No comments: