Thursday, March 29, 2007

I'm a winner

This past weekend I entered a draw at Blenz coffee for a trip to Vegas. The draw is next week. I won a prize in the early bird draw (which I hope winning does not take me out of the running for the grand prize) - a 7-day free membership to Gold's Gym at UBC.

This is a prize that I don't really need. I have a membership to old Elevation fitness centre, but it will be nice to see what Gold's has to offer. I know from an earlier tour of the facilities when they initially opened that they have a big area which is full of natural light and latest model equipment. Their treadmills and other aerobic equipment is complete with personal television screens. Maybe everyone that has suggested that I join a gym closer to my "workplace" is wiser than I am. And having a month-to-month membership will mean that I won't pay a penalty for withdrawing.

Another point for consideration is that I know how to win contests, but never receive the prize (though I have don't have any doubt that Arjan sent out the t-shirt (twice) and that I will blame US Post). Maybe when I get to Gold's, the pass that "will be waiting at the desk" won't actually exist.

No comments: