Tuesday, March 6, 2007

My, that is a thin frittata that you've cooked

Tonight I had my first feed of asparagus for the season. It was cooked into a frittata with tomato and cheese, mostly according to Giada's recipe with a few substitutions - there was no fontina in the fridge (not even in the far back corner!) so I subbed in asiago, and the egg carton only contained five eggs so that's all that went in. The other difference in my frittata versus Giada's frittata is that I cooked mine in a larger frying pan. That meant my frittata was thinner. No problem in terms of taste, but it didn't look quite the same as the photo. (Btw, the photo in her book makes it look much more appetizing than the photo posted online.)

Btw2, I like eating brunch at dinner-time.

Btw3, other things that I have done and want to do again with asparagus are to top salads with it, prosciutto wrapped and non-prosciutto wrapped.

No comments: