Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Being half-baked is a very good thing

This is another post about food.

On Tuesday, I attended an all-day seminar by Waters on Granville Island. When it wrapped up and before I headed home, I stopped by the Market, knowing that there was too much good, fresh food to leave behind. My dinner ended up being a filet of Pacific snapper, simply baked with some shallots, lemon, and black pepper; some steamed vegetables; and baked bread fresh from the oven.

Now, I don't bake (much). I found at La Baguette that they sell half-baked breads. You bring home the bread or buns at room temperature, but you can also freeze them. You toss them into your oven to finish their bake. It took about 15-20 minutes and they came out with crispy crusts; and warm, soft, and chewy insides. Little ball of full-baked deliciousness.

No comments: