Saturday, April 7, 2007

The Joy of Having Gas

On this day of great brunch in the morning -- Raincity Grill may serve up my favourite brunch in Vancouver (thank you, Alyssa) -- I decided to make brunch in the evening. I followed this guy's technique for scrambled eggs for dinner.


My meal was slightly different than presented. I cooked eggs without creme fraiche to finish them off, button mushrooms instead of the big-ass mushrooms, tomato slices instead of cherry toms on the vine, and cranberry nutted sourdough toast, but the final dish was good.

Are the eggs better than whipped and seasoned beforehand, cooked in a frying pan without constant stirring scrambled eggs? Yes, but it did make one messy pot to wash up and I don't think that you will get the same heat on/heat off that you need to cook the eggs with an electric stove.

No comments: