Thursday, April 5, 2007

Glowbal satisfaction

The Glowbal restaurants in Vancouver are doing something to try and build customer satisfaction and loyalty that, to be the best of my knowledge, is unique. They are very consistently following up with customers to thank them for visiting and providing them with an opportunity to provide feedback.

My first experience with this follow-up was receiving a personally signed card by post after having brunch at Glowbal. After dinner at Sanafir, I received a letter and a coupon for Glowbal and Coast. Today, not quite 24 hours after my visit to Coast, I received a personal call from that restaurant saying that they hoped my group enjoyed their evening.

At first, I found this response cheesy and a bit desperate. However, it is winning me over. I like the personal follow-up. I like that they recognize that there are a lot of choices for dining out and that a bit of extra effort may mean that I repeat visit rather than go to the place next door next time.

This brings me back to a topic that I've discussed with several friends at different times: We are a valuable market for the service industry. We enjoy regularly dining out. We often use restaurants as our places for entertaining friends and family. We recognize good service, good drinks, good food, and exciting environments. I think this is somewhat special about our age, our open attitude towards spending our money to be entertained properly, our willingness to seek out new restaurants and new flavours, and our access to a great variety of places in Vancouver (and beyond) to make dining explorations.

No comments: