Saturday, June 23, 2007

Ryan's new music

Kelly Clarkson - Sober. I got a leaked copy of this single from KC's upcoming album and I friggin' love it. I've listened to it way too many times already and am certain that when it becomes a full-fledged single, say a month or now from now, it is going to get the kind of ubiquitous play that Since You Were Gone got. Maybe that is a bit of a stretch, but I think that by the end of summer there still won't be a single that has embedded itself into people's minds as the pop song of summer 2007, so this one has a chance to run after that crown. Watch out for this song - it's totally addictive. Omg, I may have some of the same musical tastes as a teenaged girl. I'm lame.

Justice - Cross. I saw this video for D.A.N.C.E. a while back and loved it. I didn't know anything about the band so figured it was an obscure band that had a single cool video and that was it. When I saw the album, bought the album, and listened to the album, I liked the band and album as much as I liked the video. The sound brings electronic dance and rock together. Good and good (for me) coming together in the sound of a single band.

No comments: