Monday, October 8, 2007

On vending machines

They are everywhere!

They are fantastic. There were several times during my on-foot adventures around Tokyo that I started to feel dehydrated because of the warm temperatures (warmer than most of Vancouver's summer days) and humidity (noticeably humid, but not unbearable). Luckily, the conditions had become more bearable from the week before, which was punishingly hot and humid. When I was feeling dried out, I didn't have to work any harder than looking left and right to find a nice selection of beverages, regardless of where I was in the city. I stuck with waters and cold teas, but was curious of what some of the other drinks were.

I kept an eye on the vending cases because I have heard stories of strange choice-market items showing up in some machines (e.g. women's used underwear); however, I did not see anything that suggested that these crazy (and disturbing) fables could be true. But I did find a bevvy of drinks all sharing my middle name!


No comments: