Sunday, August 12, 2007

A weekend without plans

My weekend was full. Full of good times with good friends.

Out with the school kids on Friday. Last minute planning to get out for am evening patio drink and dessert nosh is a good thing.

Out and about Vancouver on Saturday for some shopping. Hair by Taylor, jeans by Mavi, shoes by the Running Room. (Looks like a caption for a style mag snap.) Getting fit, both myself and Trisha, for proper running shoes to correct personal imbalances was eye-opening. I ended up with this pair of shoes and holy crap, they honestly feel weightless. Fantastic advice from the girls at the Denman store, and at the same time, they were entertained me with their teases about the one girl's "date."

Out to crash MA's girls' night with Andy. Pavlova is a sweetened baked meringue topped with whipped cream and fresh berries and was good gawd good. Yummy! I also tasted this New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc and I'll be looking to buy a bottle of it. Tasty! My neighbourhood has some incredibly interesting people living in it. It was great to meet some of them.

Out for reunion-of-sorts brunch. I met great friends at my first lab job in Vancouver. We've all scattered now in our ventures after that employer and it is fantastic to find out that everyone is looking and doing great.

No comments: