Sunday, September 2, 2007

My Fast cost me $113

Volkswagon promotes the GTI as a car that likes to go fast. It ships with a toy, named the Fast, which reminds its driver to treat it with high speeds and lots of road time. The marketing that they've come up with is hilarious.


The police promote safe defenisve driving and let me know that it is not alright to be driving 85 kph in a 50 zone. An officer hit me last weekend with my first speeding ticket ever in this province! It took me 10 years of driving in the city, but only two trips driving the GTI, before my first traffic offense.

After delivering my ticket and while walking back to his radar hiding spot behind a parked truck, the officer commented that the GTI has huge brakes for a small car. "All the better to stop fast with," I replied. He chuckled, but I wasn't sure if he correctly heard what I said.

No comments: