Sunday, July 29, 2007

Illuminares Recorded

I missed Illuminares, the lantern festival held at Trout Lake, this year. It has become one of my Vancouver traditions to be with friends for it. However, in this super fast-moving summer, the plans to gather for the festival did not come together and Rufus's concert, one that I bought tickets for several months in advance, became scheduled on the same night.

What I missed by not making it to Illuminares was the festive and somewhat magical setting of Trout Lake at sunset and into the early night. The show that the volunteers and all of the attendees put on is great. The creativity, time, and effort that is put into all the costumes and lanterns is incredible to see. Late last night I luckily got a glimpse of the magic of Illuminares thanks to the photography of MA. A full gallery is up now and I encourage you to check it out.

A plan to attend Illuminares next summer has already been created. A group lantern will be created in the theme of Hawaii. Stay tuned for more details as the festival gets closer.

No comments: